Code of Practice
The Student Accommodation Code has been designed to protect your rights to safe, good quality university accommodation, wherever you are studying, and to make sure you get the best out of your time living in university or college residences. It outlines everything you should expect from your university-managed accommodation, as well as your responsibilities as tenants.
The Code protects your rights to:
· A healthy, safe environment.
· Timely repairs and maintenance.
· A clean, pleasant living environment.
· A formal, contractual relationship with your landlord.
· Access to health and wellbeing services.
· A living environment free from anti-social behaviour.
The Code protects students’ rights to safe, good quality accommodation, wherever they are studying, and makes sure they get the best out of their time living in university or college residences. It outlines everything students can expect from their accommodation as well as their responsibilities as tenants.
Many university accommodation buildings are signed up to The Code, which was introduced in 2006. The Code has already raised standards of accommodation and aims to continue to enrich the residential experience for students across England and Wales.
CODE OF PRACTICE: